Sunday, January 2, 2011

You Only Keep Me Here, So I May Not Keep Myself.

As the evening grows louder,
I cannot take any more of you,
As the city grows cloudier,
I doubt I'll see this through.

Because my heart,
It belongs outside the window,
It follows the breeze,
Go where it goes.

You cannot hole me in here,
There's too much I haven't seen.
You cannot hold me with fear,
Once my mind has been set free.

There's a busy station somewhere,
And I must be a passenger,
Be a part of greater equation,
The begins here and ends nowhere.

But you keep me held down,
Telling me you're keeping me safe,
You only hold your ground,
So you might not lose face.

My world grows emptier,
Darker, and smaller each day.
Would you hold your ego greater,
While you watch my mind fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment