Monday, January 31, 2011

tick tick tick


Our minds are fickle. Our dreams, fickler.
We let them grow from a pocket of fire, that we carry around in our hearts.
Do I dream when I'm awake, that we'll be together, with the dresses we wear, knit by our fate?
When I'm asleep, I can only hope, that the bar around the corner, is as warm as we want it to be.
I take comfort in your mind, as you do in mine.
And entwined, we'll wait for the clock to strike eleven,
and for the chords to turn into heartbeats.
Because we wait, with the patience of a timer, that's unwilling to go off.


tick tick tick


But if not wait, what are we to do?
Our lives are those little timers, waiting to go off, so we can burst forth in colour, like they do in the movies.
When it does, I'll hold your hand, and we'll dance in the City lights, till our feet are bare and souls alight.
Because with you, there is mirth,
in your words, there is joy,
and in our dreams, there is eternity.


Till then we'll wait, wont we,
on this kitchen floor,
and stare at this timer together,
waiting, willing for it to go off?


Because we are together,
what we apart,
aspire to be.


tick tick tick

2 comments:

  1. I dont think I really need to say anything. I cant help but smile every time I read this.

    :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant. I should start a fan club.

    Send me an invite when you inevitably take over the world okay??

    ReplyDelete