Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Sun and the Moon

Sometimes I believe that the moon shines brighter than the sun
So what if the glow is softer?

I too am like the moon,
I borrow your illumination and shine
Does that worry you?

I like to cover things in a silver blanket, I'm a mother
I save my children from your harshness.

The moon  comes full a fortnight,
You come alive everyday in a burst of flame
Nay, you are the day.

The sun breathes life into everything it touches, it inspires
But you bring them your ire, your vigour too.

I breathes stilness into life, I cradle and I adorn the silence
I soothe their hearts and lull them to sleep
So they can be rested for the labour you give them again tomorrow.

The sun and the moon are two halves of all existence,
You and Me are two halves of one,
One roaring to the calmness of the other,

The calm singing the roar to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment